WHERE YOU PAINT IT MATTERS! Moscow, Suzdal, Vladimir, Plyos, Rostov June 20 - 30, 2019 SOLD OUT Saint Petersburg (optional trip extension) June 30 - July 3, 2019 SOLD OUT
2020 - registration open! Moscow, Suzdal, Vladimir, Plyos, Rostov June 20 - 30, 2020 Saint Petersburg (optional trip extension) June 30 - July 3, 2020 Your instructors: Vladislav Yeliseyev All mediums Space is limited to 12 participants Click here to register
This unforgettable painting and cultural journey will include Moscow the heart of Russia, and its soul – the provincial towns of Golden Ring. That will let you experience both the modern metropolis with ancient history, and the poesy of Russian countryside.
These days we hear a lot about Russia. Have you ever had the chance to visit this beautiful bewildered country? We would like to invite you for an intimate trip of lifetime, to discover the roots of mysterious Russian soul, paint unique authentic places and visit destinations famous for their unreal beauty which attracted many famous Russian landscape painters of the 19th century.
Vladislav Yeliseyev who was born and educated in Moscow would like to share with you his knowledge of local traditions and culture. He knows the local views and their locations, and would love to revisit those places with you. Besides painting under the guidance, we will visit Tretyakov Gallery, Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts, St. Basil Cathedral and more in Moscow.
In addition to painting famed places in Moscow the first few days, the major accent of the trip will be on pristine distinctive Russian towns of Golden Ring including Suzdal, Vladimir and Plyos. Plyos was a favorite place of the greatest Russian landscape painters such as Levitan, Repin, Savrasov and others. It still attracts Russian contemporary artists today as never before. The group will visit House of Isaak Levitan, now a museum, and Museum of Russian Landscape Art which displays Russian classics of the genre: Savrasov, Bogolyubov, Zhukovsky, Shishkin, Clodt – a remarkable collection for a provincial town with a population equal to that of two high-rise apartment blocks in Moscow. Plyos is one of the most beautiful cities on the Volga River. The picturesque architectural and landscape ensemble of Plyos and its environs creates a unique artistic atmosphere that helps to understand and convey the beauty of the Russian landscape.
You will be inspired and recharged by simply looking at the ancient churches, pacifying landscapes and the boundless Volga River.
Other stops will include the opulent delights of Russia’s Golden Ring – a spectacular array of gold-topped cathedrals, treasures like Rublyov’s The Last Judgement frescoes, ancient city walls and quaint architecture as you explore UNESCO World Heritage-listed sites like Assumption Cathedral and Suzdal’s Kremlin.
You will enjoy a pleasant balance of cultural exploration and guided painting adventures.
You will also have some free time for shopping souvenirs and art supply if needed.
- One of Moscow’s most iconic and spectacular attractions Bolshoi Theater
- Saint Petersburg trip extension: we will get on board of famous luxury overnight train “Red Arrow” (see picture), an icon of Russian rails, on the night of June 29 and will arrive 8am next day. The cabins are designed for two people with only lower beds. If you are not joining us, you will be dropped off at the Moscow Airport Hotel as planned. In Saint Petersburg we will stay in one of the centrally located hotels with walking distance to all the attractions. There won’t be any formal painting lessons but if you wish to paint, it could be easily arranged. We will visit famous Russian Museum which has an exquisite collection of Russian art, enjoy guided tour of Hermitage (maybe off hours!), guided City Tour and trip to Peterhof , one of the world’s most famous palace-park ensembles rightfully regarded as the “capital of fountains”.
About Vladislav Yeliseyev
The Russian émigré came to the Unites States in the 1980s equipped with a classical art education from Moscow School of Art and a master’s degree in architecture from the Moscow Institute of Architecture. Now a renowned watercolor… Read more
- Moscow-Golden Ring: $4200 (based on double occupancy) See early birds discounts below
- Early Bird discounts: if you pay before May 28, 2019 take $400 off of total ($3800); if you pay between May 28 and November 30, take $300 off of total ($3900).
- Non-painting partners discount: $500
- Single Room extra cost: $700
- Deposit to reserve your spot: $1000
- Full payment due: March 20, 2020
- Saint Petersburg optional trip extension: $840 (plus $100 single supplement)
We accept cashiers checks, credit cards (3.5% PayPal processing fee will be charged), bank transfers. If interested, please call or email us to receive more information.
- Lodging – 10 nights (4 night in Moscow 4 star hotel, 3 nights in one of the best Suzdal hotels, 2 night in Plyos, 1 night Sheremetyevo Hotel)
- All breakfasts, 7 dinners, 7 lunches
- 5 Museum admission tickets: Pushkin, Tretyakov, Levitan, St. Basil Cathedral, Russian Landscape Art
- All Tours
- Transfer from Moscow Sheremetyevo airport (SVO)
- Transfer to Sheremetyevo Hotel the day before departure
- Transportation from Moscow to Golden Ring Cities
- All other transportation from and to our plein air locations
- All painting instructions with two artists
- Concierge service
- Activities for non-painting partners
- Russian food exploration
- Small private group setting
Optional Saint Petersburg trip incl: train tickets, lodging – 3 nights, transfer to and from the hotel, 3 breakfasts, admission tickets to Russian museum and Hermitage, and guided tours.
What’s NOT included? Airfare, insurance, some meals and tips are not included.
Saint Petersburg optional trip doesn’t include meals except 3 breakfasts, tips, any other optional attractions you wish to visit.
Typical lunch in Russia might cost anywhere between $10 – $25, dinner – $20 – $40. We will stay together for all meals unless you wish to go on your own.
Questions? Contact us for more information:
Phone: (941) 330-6865