7 Day Workshop with Vladislav Yeliseyev, NWS
At Domaine du Haut Baran in the Southwest of France
Dates: June 3-9, leave 10th 2016 Price: 3145.00 USD per artist
1. Painting in Quercy/Perigord, famous for prehistoric art!
2. Instructions and critique with Vladislav Yeliseyev
3. 7 nights accommodations at Haut Baran (double occupancy).
4. Transportation to/from Toulouse Airport, which is the arrival/departure point on arrival/departure day. Important: Airport transfers on arrival/departure day is based on everyone meeting/departing at the same place/time. On arrival day, everyone meets at Toulouse Airport in front of baggage claim 4 at 2:30pm for transfer to Haut Baran. On departure day we leave Haut Baran at 7am to Toulouse Airport for flights starting at 10am.
5. Guided tours where applicable and transportation to/from tour sites.
6. Transportation to/from restaurants and store where needed.
7. Daily continental breakfasts (croissants, toast, coffee, etc.)
8. 3 lunches at Haut Baran.
9. 3 dinners (wine included).
10. Arrangements and transportation for restaurants (dinner out average 30 euros, lunches out 12 euros).
11. Three days on location painting/photo/sketch at areas most beautiful sites.
12. Painting at Haut Baran
13. French wooden easels (you don’t have to travel with your easel).
14. All taxes and Free WiFi.
What’s not included:
2. Alcohol other than wine with dinner.
3. Some meals, personal items, tips and phone calls.
4. Travel Insurance (highly recommended and should be arranged by you).
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE, EVERYONE MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT!
1. Contact info: Email is firstname.lastname@example.org . To call France: (011-33-565-246324). Our website is www.hautbaran.com . Email us for a registration form or download a copy from our website. The reservation form has all the sign up information.
2. ATM access is everywhere and is the best way to access cash at the best exchange rate. Notify your credit card company and/or bank that you will be traveling to France and verify your 4 digit PIN code for ATM access.
3. Visa and MasterCard are accepted almost everywhere. Small shops and the farmer’s market/flea markets are cash only. Notify your credit card company you are traveling to France.
4. The Domaine du Haut Baran does not accept credit cards. Your trip can be prepaid by personal check and mailed to our US subsidiary address in the states. See reservation form.
5. Everyone has to fill out and sign our reservation form. Instructions are on the form as to deposit/cancellation information and where to mail it in the USA. Read carefully!
6. International phone cards are available (10 dollars per card) for calls to the USA. Please feel free to bring your cell phone or Ipad. Make sure it has been adjusted to make phone calls in France.
7. The Haut Baran has free WiFi internet access so bring those lpads.
8. Laundry facilities are available: 10 euros to wash / 10 to dry.
9. Restaurants dress code is casual. A 5% tip is normal. Credit Cards accepted.
10. Easels (French Full size) are available for you to use in the new Haut Baran art studio. We supply work tables , stools , solvents, paper towels , etc.
11. Electric current is 220 volts, 50 Hz. To use US devices in France you will need a plug adaptor and/or transformer. Laptops and camera battery chargers need just an adaptor. Hair dryers are in every room.
12. Bon Voyage! Please email your flight info 90 days prior to the arrival date. If you have any problems making your connections in Europe please call Haut Baran ASAP at: 0565246324 or 0679114250. You can buy a phone card at any airport tabac/press to use in the public phones. See you at 2:30pm in front of baggage claim 4 at Toulouse Airport arrival day.
BRIEF SAMPLE ITINERARY (Itinerary subject to weather and can change):
Day 1: Arrival day. Everyone meet at Toulouse Airport at 2:30pm in front of baggage claim 4 (area C in front of Travelex Money Exchange) for transfer to Haut Baran. Relax and enjoy a welcoming dinner with wine.
Day 2: Breakfast 9am. Painting at Haut Baran. Lunch at Haut Baran. Afternoon at Haut Baran. Dinner is out at local restaurant (own expense).
Day 3: Breakfast 8:30am. Transfer to painting site (Monpazier). Lunch is own expense. Dinner is out at local restaurant (own expense).
Day 4: Breakfast 8:30am. Morning painting at Haut Baran. Lunch at Haut Baran. Afternoon at Haut Baran or transfer to Puy l”Eveque with its magnificent reflected river view ! ). Dinner is at Haut Baran.
Day 5: Breakfast 8:30am. Morning transfer to painting site (St Cirq Lapopie , voted most beautiful village in France ! ). Lunch in St Cirq (own expense). Afternoon transfer to Grotte Pech Merle to see prehistoric art 29000 years old! Pizza night out (own expense).
Day 6: Breakfast 8:30am. Transfer to Sarlat to see the historical old quarter (1200 years old !). Lunch is out (own expense). Dinner out. (Own expense).
Day 7: Breakfast 8:30am. Morning painting at Haut Baran. Pic Nic lunch at Haut Baran. Farewell dinner at Haut Baran includes champagne!!!
Day 8: Departure day. Transfer to Toulouse Airport at 7:00am, for flights at 10am.
IMPORTANT: The Domaine du Haut Baran provides only one transfer included in your Haut Baran land package from Toulouse airport to Haut Baran on arrival day. Everyone meets at Toulouse airport in front of baggage claim 4 at 2:30pm.
The Domaine du Haut Baran provides only one transfer included in the Haut Baran land package from Haut Baran to Toulouse airport on departure day. Everyone leaves Haut Baran at 7:00am, arriving Toulouse airport at 9:00am, in time for flights beginning at 10:00am.
All transfers other than the 2:30pm transfer provided by Haut Baran on arrival day are at extra cost 300 euros per transfer if provided by Haut Baran.
All transfers other than the 7:00am transfer provided by Haut Baran on departure day are at extra cost 300 euros per transfer if by Haut Baran.
WHAT IF YOU MISS YOUR FLIGHT OR YOUR FLIGHT IS DELAYED ON ARRIVAL DAY?
Communicate a delayed or missed flight ASAP. The Haut Baran phone number is 0565246324 or 0679114250 or email: email@example.com If your flight arrives at 2:30pm, we will wait for you to claim your luggage.
Anyone arriving Toulouse airport past the 2:30pm deadline has several options:
1. The Haut Baran can schedule transportation (300 euros per transfer)
2. Taxi from Toulouse airport to Haut Baran (about 480 euros). Our address for the taxi driver is: Domaine du Haut Baran 46700 Duravel, department du Lot.
3. Take a bus from Toulouse airport to Toulouse Matabiau train station (shuttle every 20 mins / about 8 euros per person). At Toulouse Matabiau Train Station catch the next train to Cahors (about a 60 mins ride, train every 2 hours / about 20 euros). We will pick you up at Cahors train station and transfer you to Haut Baran (100 euros per transfer).
You must communicate your alternative arrival plans ASAP using the contact information above.
To avoid transfer problems we recommend you extend your trip to France. Arrive a few days early and see Paris before flying to Toulouse on arrival day. Stay a few days after to make leaving Toulouse on departure day easy at 10am.
Open .pdf printable version here: Vladislav Yeliseyev 7 day 2016