Events and art shows 2016/2017
Watercolor Exhibition by Artist Vladislav Yeliseyev
The exhibition is open daily 9am to 5pm. Free valet parking is available.
Location: Plymouth Harbor, 700 John Ringling Blvd., Sarasota, FL 34236.
Opening Reception: February 6, 5pm – 7pm
Classical Music Complements Classical Art!
Perlman Music Program Alumni Perform at Opening Reception of “Summer Tunes”
Request private showing with artist by emailing to email@example.com
SARASOTA, Fla. (January 2017) —Two incredibly talented Perlman Music Program alumni violinists, Mariella Haubs and Hannah Tarley, will perform at the opening reception of “Summer Tunes” – a Watercolor Exhibition by internationally renowned “plein air” artist Vladislav Yeliseyev on Monday, February 6 from 5pm-7pm at Plymouth Harbor, 700 John Ringling Blvd., Sarasota, FL 34236. The reception is free and open to the public. A portion of the proceeds for the sale of art will be donated to The Perlman Music Program/Suncoast.
“When Vlad invited us to play at the opening reception, we saw it as the perfect opportunity to combine classical music with art. His paintings convey a lot of emotion as does the music that will be played at the reception,” said Elizabeth Power, Executive Director of The Perlman Music Program/Suncoast. “This will be a special and exciting evening that highlights two different, yet compatible, artistic expressions, and we want everyone to come out and experience the magic for themselves!”
Vladislav Yeliseyev is a classically trained Russian-born artist who moved to Sarasota, Fla. after receiving his Master’s Degree at The Moscow Institute of Architecture. He is the founder of the Renaissance School of Art in Sarasota, FL where he teaches classes and workshops all year round. As a “plein air” artist, his unique ability to reflect transparency of natural light in his paintings and to accentuate the artistic qualities of depicted objects has quickly earned him a high reputation among art collectors and professionals. Vladislav is a signature member of the National Watercolor Society and the American Impressionist Society and his work was prominently featured in the February 2016 issue of Watercolor Artist Magazine.
As a violin soloist and chamber musician, Mariella Haubs has performed all over Europe, North America, Asia and the Middle East in venues such as the Wiener Musikverein in Austria, Carnegie Hall in New York, Symphony Hall in Boston and numerous philharmonic halls around the world. She serves as concert mistress for the Juilliard Orchestra and her chamber music collaborators include Joshua Bell, Lang Lang and Itzhak Perlman. Mariella is a delegate of the Academy of Achievement as well as an alumna of The Perlman Music Program and the National YoungArts Foundation. She plays on a Peter Guarneri violin from 1721, which is being loaned to her by The Juilliard School.
Hannah Tarley began playing the violin at age two. At age twelve, she was appointed the youngest concertmaster in the history of the San Francisco Symphony Youth Orchestra, leading the orchestra on two European Tours. As both a soloist and chamber musician, she has debuted in some of the world’s most acclaimed concert halls and has participated in various festivals, including the Perlman Music Program, Heifetz International Music Institute, Seiji Ozawa Academy and Aspen Music Festival and School. Hannah is the Founder and Artistic Director of Notes By The Bay Music Festival. Founded in 2015, the Festival presents a unique platform for kids to be imaginative, create theatrical concerts that feature poetry readings and ensemble playing, as well as perform on stage alongside their artistic mentors.
The Perlman Music Program/Suncoast (PMP/Suncoast) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Its mission is to encourage artistic development and camaraderie among young international string musicians via a nurturing, non-competitive and world-renowned music education program. PMP/Suncoast ensures its continued growth and viability through cultivating regional and national participation and support by offering premier cultural and educational outreach programs, world-class performances, and events in Sarasota and its surrounding communities.
INSTRUCTORS EXHIBITION “LIGHT EXISTENCE”
October 14 – November 30, 2016
Opening Reception: October 14, 5pm – 7pm
Renaissance School of Art is proud to present the Instructors Show, an exhibition that celebrates the talent and skill of the instructors who make art education at the Renaissance school of art thrive. Visitors will be delighted to find a range of artistic styles presented. The exhibit includes impressionistic landscapes, portraits and figure in oil, acrylic and watercolor as well as whimsical sculptures.
Portion of the proceeds from the sale of artworks will sponsor Da Vinci Scholarship Fund designed to support students who shows strong interest in studying art and demonstrates financial need.
Susan Covert, Bill Farnsworth, Jane Keeling, Joseph Melancon, Hodges Soileau, Amy Webber and Vladislav Yeliseyev.
KIDS ART SHOW AND OPEN HOUSE
MAY 14, 1 PM TO 2:30 PM
Celebrating End of the Year! – Renaissance Kids Exhibition and fun art activities, meet the teachers and learn about our programs. Special offers for summer classes just one day! Open to public.
POETRY IN WATERCOLOR: New works by Vladislav Yeliseyev
May 2 – June 4, 2016 • Renaissance School of Art Location: 4063 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34231 For details call (941) 330-6865 or email
Artist reception: May 26, 2016 5pm – 7 pm
The exhibit includes impressionistic landscapes and cityscapes in watercolor. In this exhibition, Vladislav will show his most recent plein air and studio works painted in Florida and France.
Vladislav Yeliseyev embraces warm light, a warm palette and minimal detail to share the beauty of prosaic scenes. He attributes the warmth of his plein air paintings to Florida‘s distinctive light – “harsh, simplistic and straightforward without much nuance.” “There should be something not said in a painting, something that gives the luxury of interpretation to the viewer. And therein lies the poetry,” Yeliseyev says. The paintings shown in this exhibition are featured by Watercolor Magazine which is on the shelves this month – “Everyday Poetry” by BJ Foreman. Vladislav Yeliseyev will be honored to sign the magazine for you during the Artist Reception.
About Vladislav Yeliseyev find at www.artist-yeliseyev.com
“OFF SEASON” Second Annual SRQ Plein Air Painters Show
Reception: July 2, 2016 • Renaissance School of Art Location: 4063 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34231 For details call (941) 330-6865 or email
For more information click here
NOVEMBER 20, 2015 – JANUARY 8, 2016
Renaissance School of Art with incredible support of Stakenborg Fine Art Gallery and Art and Frame of Sarasota presents Holiday small works show of local visual artists.
Only for Holiday season artists priced their works under $500 with starting price just $175. Exceptional paintings and drawings will make an excellent Holiday gift and will be displayed at Renaissance Studio Gallery throughout the Holiday Season. Artists will donate 20% from the art sale to the local charity.
The First, Second and Third Prizes as well as two Merritt Awards were awarded by the judges Vladislav Yeliseyev and Maryanne Jacobsen.
Do you want to know the winners? Join us for the Opening Reception and Award Party this Friday Nov.20.
Please RSVP by email.
Renaissance School of Art will be hosting a product demonstration by Mike Grecian, artist and renaissance man of art supplies. His demo will include a discussion on the use of a variety of materials used for plein air painting, including the use of different types of brushes, featuring Escoda and Loew Cornell, and on a variety of paints, featuring the Holbein brand. He will also be talking about the versatility of using Duo Aqua Oils and giving away door prizes to attendees! Participation is completely free and open to the public.
OCTOBER 2015: FWS Annual Exhibition & Convention 2015
2015 Convention: St Petersburg Marriott Clearwater Hotel, October 2-4
2015 FWS Exhibition: Leppa-Rattner Museum of Art/St. Petersburg College
in Tarpon Springs: September 6 – November 1
October 1 – FWS one day workshop is being led by Vlad Yeliseyev and is currently at capacity. FULL
October 2 – FWS Demo “Impression of Details” by Vladislav noon- 1:30pm
October 2 – Exhibition Opening – Leepa Rattner Museum 5:30 – 8PM
October 3 – Awards Gala 7PM
October 24 – December 20, 2015 – Vladislav has been accepted in NWS ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION. NWS Gallery, 915 S Pacific, San Pedro, CA 90731
- October 1, 2015 – WATERCOLOR WORKSHOP (1 day) at FWS Convention in St.Petersburg, FL. For more details visit http://floridawatercolor.org Sorry, this workshop is full and has a long waiting list. We are glad to announce that Vladislav was able to offer “Post Convention” workshop in his Studio in Sarasota on Monday, October 5th.
- October 2, 2015 – WATERCOLOR DEMONSTRATION at FWS Convention in St. Petersburg, FL. For more details visit FWS website at http://floridawatercolor.org
- October 1 – 29, 2015 – Vladislav been accepted into the 16th Annual AIS (American Impressionist Society) National Juried Exhibition. Trailside Galleries, Scottsdale Arizona.
- July 11- 19, 2015 – Plein Air-Easton Competition and Arts Festival Vladislav Yeliseyev is selected artist. Award: Second place in Quick Draw Competition.
- May – August – Transparent Watercolor Society 39th Annual Exhibition at Kenosha Public Museum. “Another Day at the Beach” was awarded with Zoltan Szabo Founder’s Award
- April 19 – 25, 2015 – Winter Park Pain Out Demonstration by Vladislav Yeliseyev is April 23rd.
- April 6 – 26, 2015 American Watercolor Society Juried Show at Salmagundi Club in New York. Opening reception – April 6th. Vladislav Yeliseyev has been awarded Ralph Smith Memorial Award.
- April 2 – 30, 2015 – Florida Suncoast Watercolor Society Exhibition at Studio at Gulf & Pine, Anna Maria, FL Opening reception: April 10, 5 – 7pm.
- March 13 – 14, 2015 – Galleria Group Show. The 2015 Creators and Collectors Tour at Ringling College of Art and Design Ulla Searing Center, Sarasota, FL
- March 2 – 7, 2015 – 9th Annual Wekiva Paint Out Vladislav is invited artist. Wekiva Island, Longwood, Florida The mission of this event is to create awareness of the Wekiva River and its watershed.
- February 19, 2015 – “Art of the Violin” Auction to raise funds for The Perlman Music Program/Suncoast education programs. Vladislav is invited artist. Purchase tickets to the Art of the Violin Benefit Auction & Reception by calling 941-350-2338.
- February 1 – March 20, 2015 – Florida Suncoast Watercolor Society Exhibition at Art Center Manatee. Open Aqueous Show Opening Reception February 5th, 5 – 7 PM
- January, 2015 – Florida Suncoast Watercolor Society Exhibition at Art Center SarasotaAward Second Place
- November 8, 2014 – February 8, 2015 – State Museum of Pennsylvania. Watercolor painting “Rain is Coming” was selected for the Pennsylvania Watercolor Society’s 35th Juried Exhibition.
Award from the Blick Art Materials
November 3 through December 19, 2014 – Personal show “Urban Thoughts” at “Harmony Gallery” in Sarasota, FL. Artist Reception: November 6, 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm A portion of the proceeds from the sale of art will be donated to the Sarasota Orchestra.
- 43rd Florida Watercolor Society Annual Juried Competition and traveling exhibition
- Award Central Florida Watercolor Society Award
Award Blick Art Materials of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami Award
- September 19, 2014 3pm – Watercolor demonstration at Double Tree Hilton Deerfield Beach/Boca Raton for Florida Watercolor Society Convention.
- September 4 through November 15, 2014 – Cornell Museum of Art and American Culture, Delray Beach, FL. Watercolor painting “Old Street” has been selected into the 43rd Annual Florida Watercolor Society Exhibition and received an Award. Meet Vladislav at Opening Reception – September 19th.
- October 2 through November 1, 2014 – Abend Gallery, Denver, CO.
Watercolor painting “Old Estate” was accepted into the 15th Annual AIS (American Impressionist Society) National Juried Exhibition.
- October 6 through 11, 2014 – Canaveral Seashore Plein Air Paint Out! – Vladislav is 2014 Canaveral Poster Artist. His watercolor painting “Waiting to sail” has been selected for the event poster. Vladislav will be painting at Canaveral Seashore during the Paintout Event. Click here to find out more.
- June 7 through August 17, 2014 – NWS (National Watercolor Society), San Pedro, CA. Watercolor painting “Newsstand”.
- July 28 through August 8, 2014 – Salmagundi Club, New York, NY
SARASOTA EVENTS: “URBAN THOUGHTS” PRESS RELEASE October 15, 2014 (Sarasota, FL)
Renaissance Studio OPEN HOUSE
Saturday May 24, 2014 Time: 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Visit Renaissance Studio, meet artists and art instructors, learn about our programs for kids and adults.
- Bring your artworks for complimentary portfolio evaluation.
- Open Studio (no instructions, questions are welcome, bring your own materials, we provide easels, proper lighting, casts, still life objects)
- Art Show and Silent Auction.
- No registration fee Day!