Painting Trip 2017
WATERCOLOR PAINTING TOUR/WORKSHOP WITH
“Don’t Be a Tourist – Be Our Guest!”
Hello artists and friends,
I would like to invite you to join me for 8 days in the heart of Provence in September 2017. Provence is that perfect environment where color and light meet together to produce stunning results waiting to be expressed on watercolor paper. The artwork main message must be heard loud and clear and I will show you how it is done in even the most complicated settings en Plein Air. There will be demos, one on one instructions and plenty of time to paint and make friends. This is your chance to paint a painting you were always dreamed… The experience will be unforgettable!
We will visit and paint on Van Gogh’s trail in St Remy de Provence, ochre village of Roussillon, most spectacular village in Provence Gordes, Market and Canals in “Isle sur la Sorgue” and Medieval Village in the Luberon, the little kept secret village, favorite of all artists. I have been there last summer and I can tell you won’t be disappointed!
September 11 – 18, 2017
Space is limited to 12 participants.
$3,190$600 Deposit is required to reserve your spot. The remaining balance is due 90 days prior to departure.
Click here to register and find more information or call 510-483-5713.
We will stay in a restored farmhouse located in the heart of Provence, in a very charming non-touristy village.
In many ways this house speaks of Provence. The large salon with its fireplace will seduce you with its charming and friendly atmosphere. The view towards the Mont Ventoux from the terrace and from your bedroom is breathtaking. The blue shutters of the house will give you a real flair of Provence.
The place where we are staying is a little jewel in Venasque, the most beautiful village of Provence (oh right, one of the most beautiful villages in Provence!!!).
Materials: Bring your own materials. Usually it is packed in a big suitcase. Paper towels will be provided on location. We will send you a list of recommended supply.
Easels and chairs: Easels are NOT provided. Not everyone brings an easel. While we recommend to have a portable easel, it is not necessary. Many participants work on their lap. Folding chairs are available for you to use.
- First and last day we stay at the B&B so it is painting all day: 9am to 12:30 and about 2 to 5pm.
- Day in St Remy: Painting from around 10am to 1pm then surprise in the PM
- Day in Isle sur la Sorgue: market in the morning then painting till around 4pm
- Day in Oppede: painting from 10am till around 3pm then going to Gordes for one hour free time.
- Day in Roussillon: painting from 10am till around 2pm then free time in Roussillon.
- You are of course welcome to paint less or a bit more if you do not want visits to the markets or the free times in villages.
- Avignon TGV train station pick up at 3:30pm and drop off at 10am
- A welcome reception
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches (picnics) and 4 dinners (incl. drinks and wine)
- All nights at the villa-hotel
- All art classes
- Entrance fees to all sites on the tour
- Transportation in a comfortable van with A/C
- A personal bilingual chauffeur/tour leader throughout the week
- A free Paris planner for a self-guided visit in Paris: suggestions of hotels, restaurants and places to visit
- Flights to and from France
- Trains to/from Avignon
- Three lunches and three dinners
- Optional activities/personal expenses and tipping
For more information visit http://frenchescapade.com/trips-painting-provence.html